Reflection: 11/30/21.

 Heyyyy y'all. I know y'all reading this disappointed in me because its been more than a month since I've blogged. Sorry bout that, lol. Anyways, today in class we read "The Rockpile" by James Baldwin. It was about a child who disobeyed his parents and went to the neighborhood's forbidden rock pile and ended up getting hurt. Instead of reprimanding the child for not listening, his older brother was blamed by the father and this presented the conflict of the father v. child conflict between John and Gabriel. I enjoyed the story because it was entertaining. However I found myself annoyed multiple times throughout the story because the father was in the wrong for the way he approached John. I also feel like they needed to hold Roy's bad self accountable. But yeah that's it. Today's blog was really more so of a summary of today's short story.

Comments

Popular Posts